Friday, November 12, 2010

Terry Fox Run 2010 at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa

Photobucket
But before that....apply some Ocean Potion :P

It's my 4th year attending the event. The event that started it all - running. As usual, prepared my running clothes and stuff the night before the run. Also made sure I got my Ocean Potion ready because the run begins at 9am and last year's tshirt design was black in color; extremely hot thanks to the sunny weather. This year, coincidentally I got to try out the Ocean Potion Xtreme Sunblock lotion.

Normal routine for me when going for a running event - shower, get into my running attire and have a light breakfast. The only difference with this time is, I applied the Ocean Potion sunscreen lotion instead of some other sunscreen. Left my house around 7.30am to head towards Taman Tasik Titiwangsa. Although arriving at the place at 8.00am, it was CROWDED. You could see some people parking their cars at quite a distance from the venue while some are already walking towards the place. Surprisingly, I managed to get a proper parking spot near the Istana Budaya parking area; I wasn't blocking anyone and no one else would be able to block my way too.

Photobucket
Blue was this year's tshirt color.

Photobucket
OX FOX!

Bumped into Pueh Tian and Tey while lepaking around the stage area. Thanks for taking our photo Pueh Tian and Tey! :D

Photobucket
Emcee for the event, lovely Chermaine Poo

Photobucket
A few words from Jo tan, Terry Fox Run KL 2010 Organising Committee

Photobucket
YM Tunku Tan Sri Dato' Seri Ahmad Yahaya, Chairman of the CARIF Board of Trustees and Douglas Bingeman(in red tshirt),  Acting high commissioner for Canada

Photobucket




Photobucket
Some peeps from NTV7 was there too

Photobucket
Spotted Yoga before the starting point. Sorry bro, my hands were a little shakey LOL


It was way too crowded but it doesn't matter whether you are running, walking, on wheels or even crawling because what is important is participation and support from us.

Photobucket
One is never too young to join Terry Fox Run

After the run, I rested and took some cupcakes to ease my hunger. While chilling around the tents, I realized that the Ocean Potion's sunscreen that I applied wasn't the same as previous brands that I've used. It wasn't sticky or oily. It was almost as natural as your own sweat. I'm still trying it out for longer runs so you might see another update on this.

As for Terry Fox Run....


Photobucket

...till we meet again next year :)

Keep on running! Peace (^.^)v

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails