Friday, April 16, 2010

D90, beats the shit out of D24

Photobucket
Behold, D90

Just kidding la.

The truth is, I did some shopping. Not for clothes or Durians, but a DSLR camera. I'll admit that I used to complain and give myself reasons for not getting one. One reason being its big, bulky and expensive, oh wait, that was three. But if you have been reading my blog, my compact camera was spoilt last month, and now its being sent for checking again due to some sensitivity issue on the zoom triggering button.

Now that I'm blogging more often, I find the need for better quality photos. Coincidentally, my friend Marcus just came back from climbing Mt. Kinabalu with some awesome set of photos. There I was, poisoned. After viewing his photos of Mt. Kinabalu, I was sold; I had to get one DSLR.

I started reading on DSLR on what its all about. DSLR terms which I never understood before like aperture and bokeh (no its not a bad word). Although I didn't fully understand but I was starting to get some basic foundation on DSLR. I told Marcus that I am interested in getting a DSLR and he was more than happy to layan my n00bi3ness on DSLR. Intense discussion took place on my facebook, MSN and forum. After 3 days of research and comparing between the new Canon EOS 550D and Nikon D90, I've made up my mind to purchase a Nikon DSLR, D90.

Photobucket

I got some recommendations from friends regarding these guys at Snap-Attack! that they give good price for cameras and accessories. I went ahead to post my questions on their facebook page. I received their reply within a short period of time. The guy who I conversed with on facebook through private messaging was Shazly, one of the main man from Snap-Attack!. No matter how silly my questions were, he was there to advice and recommend.

Finally, a decision has been made and I gave him the green light to proceed with my orders. Although I did not go to their shop ( Address will be given at the end of the post ), I was given the option of Cash-On-Delivery or wire transfer into their account. I know this might sound crazy, but I transferred my money into their account. Their online purchasing system at that time was not setup yet so I chose to bank in instead of COD. Of course I was skeptical as a buyer (who wouldn't?) so I called up my friend who knew these peeps and he told me that they're cool and he can vouch for them.

It took just one day, and I could have collected my purchase from them. I received a surprise call from Shazly, telling me that my stuffs were ready and they could pass it to me if I'm in KL. Sadly, I was away for my holiday at that time. Jason, also from Snap-Attack! met up with me personally to hand over the goodies after I came back from my holiday. All I can say is, excellent service!

Photobucket
My goodies

Photobucket
My choice, Nikon D90

Photobucket
Tamron, 17-50mm f2.8 with image stabilizer

Photobucket
Upon unwrapping, DA BODY!

Photobucket
Top view

Photobucket
Back view

Photobucket
Tammy, revealed

Photobucket
Behold, Nikky and Tammy, connected

My previous post on National Geographic Store, pictures were taken using Nikon D80 which I borrowed from my gf's brother. Just to give you the idea on how different D80 and D90 is, take a look;

Photobucket
Photo taken using my K800i

Photobucket
Photo taken using my K800i


Doesn't seem much huh? I'm not going into detail with regards to these 2 camera but if you do want to read up, check out here as an example.

Now that you've seen the camera, let's see some photos shall we? Mind you, I'm still new at this so pardon my lauya shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love this shot, ALOT

Photobucket

Now for some outdoor shots yeah?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
A little blurry as my hands were shaky. Damn mosquitoes were biting all over my legs and hand.

Not too bad huh? :P I just bought some additional accesories for my camera yesterday. Yeap, these are fresh stuff for my camera. I got them from http://mitmivec.com/ which was recommended by a friend. Do give Eric a call for ordering and arrangements. He normally does COD at Taipan which was what I did last night.

Photobucket
First up, Lenspen

Photobucket
Just like a pen, doh

Photobucket
BushyBrush on one end

Photobucket
Carbon material for lens cleaning on the other

Photobucket
Kenko 72mm UV Filter

I've been reading and asking around about this. To be honest, one does not require to buy UV lens filter for a DSLR. Most people have one is because it serves as a PROTECTION for your main lens.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lastly, Rocket Air Blower. This thing REALLY is a rocket

Was it worth it? Definitely yes. Not because it is expensive but I got what I want; Better quality pictures. Furthermore, DSLR will last a long time, provided you take good care of it and don't drop it.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Before I end, I wanna thank afew people who helped me with my decision in purchasing the camera. In no particular order:
  • Marcus 
  • Shazly from Snap-Attack!
  • Jason from Snap-Attack!
  • Eugene
For those whom I did not mention, thank you :P You know who you are. Fuh, why did I make it sound so dramatic.

Here are details of Snap-Attack!:

Email: info@snap-attack.com
Address:

33-2 Jalan 2/2F, Section 5 Pusat Bandar Wangsa Maju (KLSC)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 53300
Contact Person:
  • Shazly - 016 6464464
  • Jason  - 012 2731318

6 comments:

  1. With tammy on, nikki looks like on steriod! lol. I love the bee hoon pic as well. but looks like chow mien to me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. question is.... how much d90 + tamron?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, reading yr entry makes me smile. Not because you mentioned my name but because u r satisfied with our service. I'm glad to answer any of yr questions, no problem at all! Just bring it on if you hv more.

    My advice, don't just learn photography, learn your tool..and do it well, the plus points and also it's limitation. Half of time when I conduct classes, they don't know what their camera can do.

    Use the manual effectively and try out those buttons! See the difference. Don't be afraid to try.

    Hope to see you in one of our classes or outings soon.

    Shazly
    Snap-Attack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I say 'use the manual' I mean read up on the manual that came with the camera. It will do u a whole world of good.

    Shazly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shazly,

    Thanks for dropping by. Yeah, actually I'm reading the manual from time to time. Exploring what each setting does etc etc

    Will try to join your photo shooting sessions :D For now it will be me and my buddies.

    Once again, thanks bro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JC,

    Sorry..didnt mean to leave your questions unanswered :P

    I'll message you on YM :P

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails