Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Petronas CNY Photo Entry

I've submitted my photo entry. Have you guys entered the contest? If not, you still have a few days to do that. Check out their facebook page here for more details.

DSC_8569
Here is a higher resolution of my photo entry.

This shot was kinda lucky for me because I was behind a massive crowd. This was at St. Ignatius Church by the way. There was a lion dance performance after the Chinese New Year mass at the entrance. Everyone was mesmerized by the beautiful lion dance.

The significance? Well, from what I can see, no matter what religion, race, or age, lion dance is always fascinated by all. Beautifully decorated lion costumes accompanied by loud beatings of the drums and crashing cymbals, one can easily identify that it's a lion dance from far away.

And there I was amongst the crowd and couldn't get a clear shot of the performance. My only hope of getting a good shot is by raising my camera as high as I could and snapped randomly. I think I captured some good shots out of the random bunch.

So what are you guys waiting for? Submit your entry now before the 12th of February 2012 to win some awesome prizes. Once again, check out Petronas CNY photography contest page here. Good luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails