Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Malaysia Airlines Flashmob


Whoa! What have I been missing out. So I've noticed friends are sharing this youtube link about a Flashmob done in KLIA on facebook and twitter. The title of the video? "Malaysia Airlines Missing you Flashmob at KLIA".

What's a flashmob you say?


A snippet taken from wikipedia:

Flash mob (or flashmob) is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression. Flash mobs are organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails.
Well, I won't call the one done by Malaysia Airlines a pointless act. To be honest, it's awesome. I've seen wedding proposal flashmob style and it's quite stale. Now, to have it here on Malaysia, I'm quite proud actually. It's nice to see how everyone worked together to produced such musical flashmob. Huge smiles from everyone!

I kinda like the intro where the security personal was stopping the guy running with his guitar. Everyone thought something bad happened but that is how the flashmob is supposed to be; it's not what you think! The video is beautifully done. I love how the crowd grew with the performance, I mean, they were into it as well; smiling, clapping and singing along while holding whatever recording devices that they have. Such a spontaneous response!

Although I am no videographer but there is something which I would like to change though. The spotlights prepared are sort of throwing the surprise off but I guess everything still went well. Everyone must have thought of it as "general" lighting purposes.

Nevertheless, kudos to Malaysia Airlines and everyone who played their part in the flashmob. I personally think that this will be a good example for more company or media to follow suit soon.

p/s: I hope the flashmob did not cause any security issues for tourists though...you know...things like pickpocketing.

2 comments:

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails