Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ICOM's Night Out - Charity Drive

Photobucket

It's 1 hour before Merdeka day but here I am, at home, blogging. Not that I'm complaining but I appreciate the free time that I have to finally share this entry. I wanted to blog about this earlier but I was just caught up with other work at hand.

Photobucket

Aniweizzzz, I attended ICOM's Night Out last week, held at The Celebrities Club, Solaris Mont Kiara. Was a little lost finding the place as it was behind/beside Canon(which is opposite Cold Storage). I was there pretty early, paid donated RM20 cover charge and I was given a disco-entry-ink-chop on my hand. Typical blogger as I am, I went around snapping photos while waiting for friends to arrive.

Photobucket
The stage was set

Photobucket
3 seating levels

Photobucket
For some reason, I love this shot. May be because of the lens flare? :P

The show started with the emcee introducing the event for the night. Aside from all the astounding performances of all the bands and soloists, the main purpose for the night was also to help the people in Pakistan. What better way to voice out a change than through music. Mercy Malaysia was happy to lend a helping hand and 100% of the donated cover charge along with any other extra donations throughout the night will be channeled to the Mercy Malaysia's Pakistan Relief Fund

Photobucket
On with the show! Are you ready?

Photobucket
The first band for the night was The Granadilla Band.

Photobucket
Terry Tim, guitarist, a finger stylist

Photobucket
Ui Li, funky jazzy style pianist...okay I'm bad with music genre. NEXT please

Photobucket
This was my favourite performance for the night. Eugene Yeo who covered a song by Antonio Vivaldi - Storm. Trust me, AWESOME performance

Photobucket
The final band for the night was Gellobeam.

Everyone including the bands and musicians have put in a lot of their time and energy to help out with the charity drive. As much as we have enjoyed the performances on that night, its time that we too do our part for charity. It doesn't matter how much you donate because you know why? Sedikit - sedikit, lama-lama jadi bukit! So please donate generously because at the end of the day, its for a good cause.

Taken from Mercy Malaysia's website

MAYBANK (account name: MERCY HUMANITARIAN FUND, account number : 5621-7950-4126, ABA Swift Code: MBBEMYKLA), or

CIMB Bank (account name: MERCY Malaysia, account number: 1424-000-6561053, ABA Swift Code: CIBBMYKL).

Donations via cheque are payable to MERCY MALAYSIA.

You can also donate ONLINE by visiting http://www.mercy.org.my/.

Photobucket
Congratulations to Joanna and all who helped out to make ICOM's Night Out such a great success despite the crazy time frame. God I look fugging ugly with my short hair cut =.="

Photobucket

Help spread the word around. The donation drive is still active. For more enquiries, please check out http://www.mercy.org.my/ for more details. Thanks everyone!

p/s: Thanks Daniel for inviting me to the event as well. 
p/s 2: Videos will be up later if I can find any other better videos because the video recordings I took sounded really LOUD. So please bear with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails