Sunday, September 26, 2010

Maxis launches iPhone 4

Photobucket
Maxis, first to launch the iPhone 4 in Malaysia

Photobucket

FIRSTLY, I would like to congratulate Maxis for being the first to bring us the iPhone 4. I know you might be saying, many have got their iPhone 4 earlier than this but the fact remains that Maxis is the first to launch the iPhone 4 in Malaysia on the 24th of September 2010 at 12:00am. I was privileged to be invited by Maxis as media/blogger for the much anticipated event. Again, thank you Maxis :)

Photobucket

Before I carry on, just a side note: this is not an endorsement by Maxis. I just wanna share my awesome experience I had during the iPhone 4 launch and I hope you'll enjoy reading this.

Media registration was at 11.00pm but I arrived around 10.00pm+ because I was worried if traffic was gonna be crazy towards Mid Valley with the launching of the iPhone 4 by Maxis. To my surprise, no jam and I found a parking spot within minutes of entering Zone U parking area. Saw some maxis staffs taking a breather around the car park area, I was pretty excited about the event. Registered myself as media at the Terrace(level 6) and headed to level 5 to check out the situation.

Photobucket
Walauwei!!! People Mountain, People Sea

Don't know how long they have been queuing but man, loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong queue. Benefits of being there as media :P instant access! Muahahaha *choke choke* okay okay move along. I spotted a good friend of mine, Jarod, who is working with Hitz.fm now. And for some reason, I didn't take a picture with him. Sorry bro, I don't know why I would miss out on things like this. I saw some familiar faces like Serena C and Moots too!

Photobucket
Jin from Hitz.fm

There was a mini contest where contestants had to say "Maxis iPhone4" and tarik the "Fourrrrrrrr" till they were out of breath. I shall call this the iPhone4 tarik!

Photobucket
Epic expression...wait a second...wtf?

Photobucket
A LOST KAMBING?

Photobucket
Another winner for the iPhone4 tarik

Photobucket
And another with Jeff Chin from Myfm

Photobucket
Some of the people got to try out the iPhone 4!  The guy in the middle must be cursing "Niama holding on to the phone for so long!?#$@#$@#"

Photobucket
Finally, in the palm of my hands

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After getting some close up shots with the iPhone 4, I went to check out the Grand Ballroom to see what was happening. I was amazed at the set up. Check it out!:

Photobucket
Counters are set up for fast processing

Photobucket
Two of the first few iPhone 4 owners for the night!

Suddenly I received a phone call from Marcky.

Marcky: Oi where the hell are you?
Andrew: Er at the Grand Ballroom.
Marcky: Grand Ballroom? You're suppose to be at Level 6! Media/blogger!
Andrew: I am at level 6....I think
Marcky: No, you're at level 5.
Andrew: Let me check *asks a Maxis staff nearby* Okay coming up

Epic fail of running andrew.

Met up with Marcky and some other friends before heading towards GSix club.

Photobucket
PARRRRRRRTEEHH TIME!

Didn't want to get wasted just yet because the launching of the iPhone 4 was minutes away. We quickly went back to Level 5 before the countdown began.

Photobucket
Met Kenny Sia o.O who is probably wondering Running whaa? oh Running Andrew

Got into the Grand Ballroom just in time for the countdown but there was ALOT of media hogging the main area and I couldn't get a spot. Couldn't take any picture of the count down clock *aww pat pat*. 

Photobucket
From L-R: Jean Pascal Van Overbeke(Chief Operating Officer), Rossana Annizah binti Ahmad Rashid(Chief Financial Officer), Sandip Das(Chief Executive Officer). The guy on the far right is Prem from Flyfm.

Photobucket
The man on the left most is Raja Tan Sri Dato' Seri Arshad bin Raja Tun Uda, Chairman and an Independent Non-Executive Director.

Photobucket
Board of Directors and Senior Management of Maxis for a group photo with the first 60 iPhone 4 owners!

Photobucket
For some, it might be just a phone.

Photobucket
While for others, its a very emotional moment to be one of the first 60 iPhone 4 owners through Maxis.

After the launch, we proceeded to Level 6 for the media conference.

Photobucket
Mohammed Fitri bin Abdullah, Senior Vice President, Business Services

Photobucket
Jean Pascal Van Overbeke, Chief Operating Officer

Photobucket
Sandip Das, Chief Executive Officer

Photobucket
T. Kugan, Vice President and Head Of Product, Device and Innovation

After the Q and A session was done, there was short presentation on the iPhone 4. Despite the recent display of rates and pricings on Maxis's website, they announced new pricings for the phone and packages offered.

Photobucket
New iPhone 4 pricing

UPDATE 27.09.2010. From maxis's website, it states that 16GB version of the iPhone 4 is selling at RM2290. Hhhm...presentation mistake I guess?

Photobucket
The new pricings for packages offered by Maxis

Photobucket

2 Lucky person from the media won an iPhone 4 through the lucky draw. What a night! Launching of the iPhone 4, great lucky draw prizes being the iPhone 4 itself and partying at Gsix club. Now THAT is what I call a night to remember.

Photobucket
Some were really emotional without the iPhone 4

Photobucket
So what are you waiting for? Go get yours today at Maxis!

2 comments:

  1. wah, iphone 4 promoter ah u!!
    poison poison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dan, Nola..if promoter, I hope I can get discount wei!

    I was surprised when I came home and view the pictures. Darn sharp! haha

    But with all the excitement, I forgot to take some CLOSE UP pictures of the screen. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails