Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Green Meadow Health Cafe at SS2


I'm kidding! I'm sure you've seen such jokes going around on facebook and twitter. I have no beef problem with vegetarians. In fact, I do enjoy a vegetarian meal once in awhile. It was a rainy night and me and wifey didn't want to head out too far for dinner. We decided to go to SS2; still not knowing what to have for dinner.

She recalled watching an episode on Axian about some vegetarian/organic place at SS2. Although I always prefer non-veggy meals, I gave in and headed to that vegetarian place. It's just a few doors away from KFC at SS2.

IMG_6704
Jawa Mee

IMG_6705

To my surprise, it was quite tasty. The gravy was starchy and the lime juice was making it delicious and appetizing. Lots of fresh lettuce, potatoes and bean sprouts. They even have black and white sesame seeds to add some fragrant aroma into the mix. Not exactly the same as the non-vegetarian Java Mee(doh) but I would say it's worth a try. Jawa Mee is ONLY available on Saturday if I remembered correctly.

IMG_6712
Korean Bibimbap, RM15.90

IMG_6714

A whole bowl of goodness; charcoal brown rice, lettuce, bean sprouts, carrot, cucumber, nori, and tofu with special homemade gochuyang sauce. The special homemade sauce is deceiving; it wasn't spicy but in fact, very fragrant. Can't really describe it's aroma and taste but all I can say is it goes very well with the bibimbap. The choice of vegetables made it very refreshing and I love how the sauce complimented all the flavors coming from the vegetables and the charcoal brown rice so well. As it was served in a hot stone bowl, the slightly burnt charcoal brown rice adds a nice charred aroma and crunchiness into each bite.

IMG_6716
Honey Lemonade ( or something like that)

Real honey, real lemonade juice, the real deal. Nothing much to describe this drink except it's all natural and feels really wholesome.

It doesn't matter if you're a vegetarian or not, this place is definitely worth a try. I'm quite impressed with the Jawa mee and Bibimbap. I gotta admit though; I got hungry real fast that night. Anyway, the staffs there was really friendly and informative about the things that they do such as cooking classes and health camps. I accidentally lost the brochure I took but they have a lot of details on their facebook and website.

Facebook: Click Here.

Website(English): Click Here.

Operating Hours: Tue - Sun: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm

Address:
Green Meadow Health Cafe And Wellness Centre
62-62C, Jalan SS 2/67
47500 Petaling Jaya Selangor

Contact No: 03 - 78730366

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails