Saturday, December 17, 2011

Aladdin Musical At Sunway Lagoon, Amphitheatre

DSC_7215

It has been a dreadful week. Work isn't as motivating despite it has "GONE LIVE". But its the weekend and I have some time to do the things I want. My blog has been stagnant once again but nevertheless, I shall update with something happy!

Firstly, thanks to my buddy Feeq for getting the passes for this musical. Also, thanks to Avante.

DSC_7216

We were worried about being late as traffic to Sunway was heavy but we arrived 15 minutes before the show started. It was drizzling and the way to Amphitheatre was by some themepark train; sheltered at least.

DSC_7220

We managed to grab some VERY good seats. Our tickets were for the blue zone but the attendant ushering us asked whether if we would like to seat at the red zone(front and middle of the stage area). A very pleasant surprise which we gladly said "Yes".

DSC_7225

Me and wifey was excited as we haven't been to a musical for quite awhile so this was quite refreshing. Furthermore, it was a Friday. I was supposed to go for the "BEHIND THE SCENE" event afew weeks before this show but I couldn't make it. My apologies for not knowing the casts name. I won't give any spoilers but here are some photos which I took throughout the musical.

DSC_7229

DSC_7237

DSC_7251

DSC_7267

DSC_7270
Oh no, Jafar noticed me!

DSC_7283

DSC_7288

DSC_7303

DSC_7304

DSC_7308

DSC_7336

DSC_7337

DSC_7341
Boom! ends the first half of the musical

DSC_7342

15 minutes intermission before the second half begins. Cam whoring :P

DSC_7349
Resuming the musical in style

DSC_7351

DSC_7352

DSC_7356

DSC_7365

DSC_7386

They sang "A Whole New World" and when the backdrop of Sunway Lagoon moved in, everyone cheered and clapped; what a moment.

DSC_7390
Awwwwwww

DSC_7395

Jasmine: Trade an old lamp for a new one?
Crowd(mostly kids...even I answered): NO!!! Please don't!! STOP!!!

DSC_7400
You got tricked!

DSC_7403
Genie got summoned....

DSC_7404
...by a new evil master

DSC_7429
Jafar dancing with his crew like a boss

DSC_7432
Aladdin comes to save the day!

DSC_7439
Awwwww....

DSC_7489
Awwwww.....again. In the musical, Jafar turned a new leaf; he became good LOL

DSC_7509
Performers came to thank and say goodbye to the crowd

DSC_7519
Ended with a white christmas! If you look carefully at the picture, they made some artificial snow :P

DSC_7528
We enjoyed it. Definitely.

Now comes my thoughts on the musical. If you google for Aladdin Musical, I'm sure you'll find a number of people who have blogged about it. Good or bad, its still up to the person who experienced the musical. For me and my wife, we enjoyed it and I'm not being bias or sucking up because I got to watch it for free.

The musical ain't exactly like the cartoon movie but still, it was along the original storyline. Some people complain about the sound system but I find it to be okay. It's a live musical play at an open space, what were you expecting?

The stage was decorated beautifully for Aladdin's theme. Furthermore, the costumes were pretty amazing too if you ask me. The performers really gave us a good show that nite.

I still don't understand how people analyze such live musical. They complain about everything from a white guy who plays Aladdin, a missing Abu(the monkey), a chubby Jasmine and wires being visible for the magic carpet. What happened to their fun side of life? Are you some professional critic? Its a live Musical. See, hear and enjoy it LIVE. They danced and sang so well; unless they were lipsyncing but heck, it was their voices nevertheless. The guy who played the role of Genie was very good! You could feel the energy coming from him and I think he might have stolen the limelight away from Aladdin's character.

There is one thing which I do agree; the tickets are quite pricey. I hope the organizers would look into making the price more affordable for such musical play.

Information
Aladdin The Musical will be playing at the Amphitheatre at Sunway Lagoon from November 25th, 2011 until January 2nd 2012.

The musical will show once a day, from Sunday to Friday at 8:00pm (no show on Tuesdays), and twice on Saturdays at 7:15pm and 9:15pm with extra shows on 25th December 2011 (Sunday) and 1st January 2012 (Sunday) at 7:15pm and 9:15pm.

Ticket prices range from RM300, RM250, RM200 and RM100 for adults and RM150, RM120, RM100, and RM50 for children up to 12 years old.

For information on Sunway Lagoon, please call 603 5639 0000 or visit www.sunwaylagoon.com
or connect www.facebook.com/sunwaylagoonMsia / www.twitter.com/sunwaylagoon1

DSC_7526

Once again, I would like to thank Feeq and Avante for the complimentary tickets to the show.

Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Yes I agreed with you. Some had written harsh comments about it. But then again, I and hubby enjoyed the show, nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    Yeah me n wifey also enjoyed the musical. I just find it expensive that's all. They should make it more affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. You're wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @AnonymousJan 7, 2012 09:41 PM
    Er...sorry but I dont understand what you're trying to get at.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valuable information on aladdin musical at sunway lagoon for lots of people. I am sure they will love it and probably share it with their friends.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails